Mission and Goals
Pharmacists completing this residency program will be able to practice in multiple patient care settings in an independent and professional manner. They will be able to integrate data and formulate appropriate pharmacotherapeutic recommendations to other health care providers for individual patients or on a system level. They will be able to demonstrate leadership abilities including identifying system levels issues, promoting the pharmacy profession and utilizing interpersonal skills to achieve goals.
Research and education will be two other key elements that the candidate will be able to successfully utilize in promoting appropriate drug therapy throughout all levels of the medication use process. Finally, self-development and evaluation skills, key to ongoing success as a professional, will be an integral part of the program’s structure.
Individuals who complete this program will be expected to be able to:
- Practice in a professional and ethical manner, and exhibit accountability for personal excellence in the provision of patient care in various settings.
- Provide patient care through direct interaction with interdisciplinary teams and maintain accountability for drug therapy outcomes.
- Develop and implement systems/processes or clinical guidelines to improve the medication use process.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Perform practice related research.
- Provide education to patients and other health care providers regarding optimal pharmacotherapy.
Back to Pharmacy Residency