Shoulder and Elbow Conditions and Treatment
The complicated natures of the shoulder and elbow require the unique skills of an experienced orthopaedic surgeon. At MedStar Union Memorial, our shoulder and elbow specialists treat both common and complex shoulder and elbow conditions and injuries.
Shoulder and elbow evaluation
Every patient has an evaluation to determine the exact nature of the problem, which consists of a personal medical history, imaging studies (X-rays and MRIs) and a thorough physical examination. After the evaluation, your shoulder and elbow specialist will make a recommendation for treatment.
Shoulder and Elbow conditions
- Bursitis (Rotator cuff tendonitis/impingement)
- Elbow instability
- Fractured collarbone/clavicle
- Fractured head of the humerus (arm bone)
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis of shoulder/elbow
- Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder instability/shoulder dislocations
- Tennis elbow
Shoulder and Elbow Treatments
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
- Distal biceps tendon rupture
- Elbow ligament reconstruction
- Reverse shoulder replacement
- Tommy John surgery
- Total shoulder replacement
Call 1-877-34-ORTHO (1-877-346-7846) for a referral to one of our doctors, or request an appointment.
Listen to Dr. Jason Stein discuss the benefits of a specialized team to treat shoulder pain.