Rehabilitation therapy services are available for all hospitalized patients upon physician referral. A staff of credentialed therapists, who are licensed in the State of Maryland, and fully-trained support personnel provide services seven days a week in the hospital.
Our Experienced Team of Therapists
Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and Speech Language Pathologists are an integral part of the health care team that determines the best rehabilitation treatment for a wide variety of medical and surgical inpatients. MedStar Union Memorial Hospital therapists treat a varied case load of patients with post-surgical, cardiac, vascular, neurological and orthopaedic problems, such as strokes, fractures, dislocations, general debility and wound care. Utilizing various rehabilitation methods, the therapists assist patients in returning to their full range of activities.
Rehabilitation Services offered may include:
- Gait, mobility and transfer training
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) training/re-training
- Muscle and movement re-education
- Cognitive/perceptual motor re-training
- Treatment of communication disorders
- Equipment training/recommendations for Durable Medical Equipment
- Swallowing assessment and treatment
- Patient and family education
- Supportive services
For further information about the rehabilitation services offered on the acute care units at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital, please call 410-554-2341.